QPX™ Projection Emulsion
QPX is an SBQ-sensitized, pure photopolymer direct emulsion intended for use with commercial projection-exposure equipment. It is recommended for the production of general large-format work, such as posters, outdoor advertising, and other large-scale industrial applications. QPX is a ready-to-use, high solids emulsion that requires as few as one coat for a good printing edge, even on coarse fabric. QPX has excellent coating properties, high-speed exposure, good solvent resistance, and durability. As all SBQ-based products are presensitized, always work under yellow safe light conditions when handling this product.
QPX is a very fast exposing emulsion. Contact the projector manufacturer for base exposure information. A Step-Wedge Test is recommended for each magnification, mesh count, and mesh color
- 1 gallon (3.785 liters) 4 per carton
- 5 gallons (18.927 liters) 47 LBS
- 50GUFQPX 50 gallons ( liters)
- Because of the solids content and thixotropic nature of Projection Plus, good stencils can be produced with just one coating on the squeegee side of the screen. For improved quality, coat the printing side of the screen, then on the squeegee side, wet-on-wet.
- Expose Projection Plus on the squeegee side of the screen. Metal halide-sourced projectors provide the best exposure for Projection Plus. As many variables affect the exposure, the only way to determine the optimum exposure time is by performing a Step Wedge Test. For the best stencil resistance, select the highest exposure time at which the finest details still resolve.
- BASE EXPOSURE TABLE (Approximate Exposure Time on White mesh)
- EXPOSURE VARIABLE FACTORS
- TOUCH-UP /BLOCK-OUT
- PRODUCT FEATURES pH: 4.3
- HEALTH HAZARDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION Please refer to our Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- STORAGE At normal room temperature: 18 months (protect from freezing)
- NOTE During storage after coating, the emulsion can absorb moisture from the environment. Therefore, re-dry stored, coated screens prior to exposure.
CTS-FAST Very Fast, Pure Photopolymer (SBQ) Screen Emulsion for Computer-to-Screen Exposure Systems
CTS-FAST is an SBQ-sensitized, pure photopolymer direct emulsion intended for exposure using CST UV units and for printing using conventional UV or solvent-based inks. It is recommended for the production of general large-format work, such as posters, outdoor advertising, and other large-scale industrial applications. CTS-FAST is a ready-to-use, high solids emulsion that requires as few as one coat for a good printing edge, even on coarse fabric. CTS-FAST has excellent coating properties, good solvent resistance, and durability. The very fast exposure speed of CTS-FAST makes it ideal for pixil exposure—and, in turn, allows faster throughput, as well as savings on expensive CTS bulbs. Viscosity: 4500 – 5500 centipoise.
Product Fact Sheet Tech Data Sheet
Very fast exposure with good exposure latitude Excellent wet strength
Pre-sensitized; pure photopolymer (SBQ) No mixing; ready-to-use
Idea for warm, humid climates
Long pot and coated screen life
33% solids content Fast drying and stencil throughput
Good stencil build per coat
Good solvent resistance Easy to reclaim Moisture Resistant Will not become tacky under high humidity conditions Red color Good see-through registration
Easy inspection on white or dyed fabric
CTS-FAST is available in U.S. 1- and 5-gallon units (≈ 3.78 and 18.9 liters, respectively).
The screen should be dried in a dust-free drying cabinet with a filtered fresh air supply at a maximum temperature of 40°C. (100°F). The thixotropic nature of Projection Plus allows the screen to be dried in a vertical position without loss of print quality.
Type of Projector Fabric/Coating Enlargement Exposure
Rachwal 156/in.(61/cm) 1 coat 13X 90 seconds
Proka 355/in.(140/cm) 1 coat 10X 40 seconds
Proka 355/in.(140/cm) 2 coats 6X 35 seconds
Opti-Copy 125/in.(49/cm) 1 coat 12X 150 seconds
Svecia 305/in.(120/cm) 1 coat 10X 280 seconds
High Humidity: 1.3 - 1.8
Dyed = 1.5 - 2.0
Coarser than 120/cm = 1.1 - 2.0
Finer than 120/cm = 0.7 - 0.9
We recommended Screen Filler No. 60 or Extra Heavy Blockout No. 10.
We recommended Stencil Remover Liquid No. 4, Stencil Remover Paste No. 5, Stencil Remover Powder No. 44, or Stencil Remover Liquid Concentrate No. 42. Projection Plus stencils are generally easy to reclaim.
Coated screens: 4 weeks (in a cool, dry, completely dark environment)