Indirect films offer superior fine detail reproduction; sharp printing edges; uniform stencil thickness; predictable standardized exposures; close control of stencil thickness, hence ink deposit; fast and simple stencil production; and easy stencil removal for efficient mesh recovery. All Ulano gelatin-based Indirect Films are totally solvent resistant. The topcoat on Ulano Indirect Films prevents tackiness underconditions of heat and high humidity.
Ulano Gelatin Indirect System Photographic Films provide the ultimate in stencil resolution and definition. The film is exposed, developed in A + B solution to harden the exposed aread, (except Ulanolux UP3 and Pulsar), washed out and adhered to the mesh of a screen. After drying and blocking out, the transparent backing is removed.
All Indirect System Photographic Films consist of a light-sensitive emulsion coated on a transparent base or backing sheet, with special adhesives.
Indirect Films, (sometimes referred to as transfer films), are ideal for applications involving shorter (2,000 - 4,000 impressions) printing runs, fine details, and excellent definition; and for easy, reproducible, clean stencil production.
Underexposed: Stencil will be thin (and look thin) resulting in poor press endurance. Underexposing for resolution much finer than the job you will print sacrifices durability.
Overexposed: Stencil will be thick (and look thick) resulting in poor adhesion due to overhardening.
- Press-ready stencils in as little as 30 minutes
- Stencil thickness, hence ink deposit, can be adjusted by exposure
- Superior solvent resistance
- Dimensional stability of backing material promotes excellent registration
- Humidity-protective topcoat layer guards against tackiness under humid conditions
- Completely phthalate free
- Simple handling requirements
- No messy chemicals, no liquid emulsions
- No darkroom or soft-blanket vacuum frame required
- Stencil can be examined before transfer to screen
- Excellent storage properties
- Fast, easy stencil removal
- Optical flatness of support layer promotes excellent definition for line and halftone work.
* Longer rolls available upon request.