UlanoTips for Low Humidity Conditions
- Gelatin films will not perform correctly if stored in humidity less than 30%.
- Use a humidifier to increase the storage area to an ideal of 50%
Under conditions of prolonged low humidity, ULANO Indirect System Photographic Films may become brittle. To restore flexibility to the coating, we recommend a glycerin treatment:
- Mix 1 part of glycerin to 16 parts of water.
- During the adherng step, after at least two changes of newsprint, apply a liberal coating of the glycerin solution with cotton or a clean rag to the squeegee side of the screen.
- Wait five minutes.
- Finish blotting the screen with newsprint as usual.
- Place inexpensive humidifiers in the stencil making and printing areas of the shop, or install humidity control equipment.